VERSIUS – WORLD’S SMALLEST SURGICAL ROBOT DEVELOPED BY UK SCIENTISTS
- Scientists in United Kingdom (UK) have developed the world smallest surgical robot called Versius.
- Versius has been developed using low cost technology – the same which is used in mobile phones.
- It can very easily mimic the human arm for carrying a wide range of surgical procedures.
- It has to be controlled by a surgeon using a console guided by a 3-D screen.
- Its significance lies in making series of small incisions that will minimise the need for traditional Open Surgeries.
- It is much easier to use, requires 1/3rd space of usual machines & uses right force to reduce complications & pain after surgeries.