ISRO OPENS UP SATELLITE MAKING TO INDUSTRIES
- Domestic Entities can now give as many as 18 spacecrafts an year to ISRO starting from 2018
- Many companies have been invited to apply for this opportunity.
- ISRO aims to select around 6 companies for this based on technical viabilities.
- Selected companies’ teams would be trained, supervised & duly hand-holded in making different ranges of satellites.
- In Long term this would indirectly boost self reliance of Indian satellite industries
- This outsourcing has mainly been done by ISRO for focussing on the research & development work.